For 4 people ()
- 1 pound(s) Bacon, cooked until crispy
- 3 pound(s) Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 3 cup(s) Medium Onion, chopped
- 7 pound(s) can of Bushes Baked Beans (drain and rinse if you are trying to cut calories, still yummy, but if you don’t care, use as is out of the can)
- 1 large bottle of Bullseye BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) each of Dijon and Yellow Mustard
Delta Beans Directions
- Place 2 layers of paper towel on a plate, then lay the bacon strips in a daisy pattern, putting one end at the center of the plate, and continue around the plate until a daisy is formed. Cover with more paper towels and microwave them for 5 mins on high, then check to see if they are crispy. If not, keep doing it 1 min at a time until they come out crispy. Let cool and then crush with a rolling pin. 3 or 4 passes is good so that it isn’t too fine. Set aside.
- In an 8 qt pot add olive oil, heat in pan and saute the onions slowly over medium heat until caramelized.
- In a separate pan, brown the ground beef and drain off fat, and add beef to the onions. If using lean ground beef, just add beef straight to the onions and brown together.
- Now, Combine remaining ingredients and cook over low heat at least 2 hours, but this tends to scorch on bottom, so I prefer to put them in the oven at about 250 for 3 hours.